T-Mobile phone releases, Sidekick Blade looks hot!
I’ve read over at TmoNews T-Mobile has released its scheduled phone releases for the coming months. What’s very interesting for me is the May 13 release date for Danger’s newest and greatest mobile phone — the Sidekick LX 2009. Why? As we all know, Microsoft acquired Danger a while back. I would have thought that since Microsoft’s acquisition, people over at Danger was busy porting Windows Mobile to the Danger platform.
Well on the contrary, looking at this piece of news, the upcoming Sidekick LX 2009 is definitely hip ‘coz it will be using NetBSD instead of Windows Mobile. It looks like the NetBSD thing was way before the Microsoft acquisition so MS decided to give it a go instead of having delays.
The decision might really end up to be a good thing for Microsoft as a way to start its journey into the open mobile platform world. The Sidekick LX 2009 look very cool clocking in at the following rumored specs:
[singlepic id=44 w=240 h=180 float=right]Social Networking Suite of Apps
- MySpace w/ video upload
- YouTube Mobile Access via browser
GPS Location Based Search
- Turn by Turn Navigation
- Microsoft Live Local Search and Maps
- Blog publishing, editing, and management client
- Photobucket Upload and Management
- Video recorder and upload to MySpace/Photobucket
- Signature Sidekick IM/SMS/E-mail Experience
- Microsoft Outlook/Exchange synchronization
- Large (3.2 inch WVGA) screen with sharp 854×480 resolution
- Thin design
- 3.2 megapixel camera with autofocus, flash and video recording
- Large QWERTY keyboard
- Expandable memory up to 8GB via MicroSD